USD 504 Oswego High School

USD 504 Oswego High School
"HOME OF THE INDIANS"

Saturday, March 13, 2010

An “Update” on your Editor

April 22, 2008 by Jim Wilks.

Last year (2007) Wanda and I took a well deserved cruise to Alaska (I highly recommend this for everyone). Upon returning to the lower 48, we decided to have a little more fun as well as earn a little travelin’ money, so we went to work for (SDC) Silver Dollar City in Branson, SW Missouri. Wanda hired on as a park auditor and I as a ride operator. After a few weeks as a ride operator, I unfortunately hyper-extended my right knee. The doctor said I needed to be in a position where I got more and a different type of exercise. I then moved to the parking lot in SDC where I parked buses and valet cars. We both liked the atmosphere and people of SDC so much that we committed to come back again in 2008. We did and haven’t regretted it yet. Wanda still works as a park auditor and I am in the parking lot, still!! I now operate trams, trollys and buses as well as park buses and VIP cars. If any of you ever consider working an “extra” job, Silver Dollar City & it’s subsidaries (Showboat Branson Belle, Celebration City, White Water & Ride the Ducks) would be an excellent choice. Click on the link and check them out http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/

Y’all ever get down to Branson and the “City” look us up. We’ll be more than happy to visit with ya.

Jim & Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment