USD 504 Oswego High School

USD 504 Oswego High School
"HOME OF THE INDIANS"

Sunday, March 14, 2010

" . . .and now, a word from our sponsor"

Well, not really. But I would like to talk about Jinks Fruitcakes. I have been associated with Jinks Fruitcakes for about 47 years now(that would have made me 18yrs old then) simply by buying them and eating them. I LOVE fruitcake! I can't help it, I love the stuff. I remember going into the Jinks Bakery in Oswego way back in the 60s and ,oh the smell, anyway, fruitcakes were my thing. As a youngun', I couldn't affford to buy one but Gerald would sometimes give us a sample.

When I joined the USAF, my folks would buy one at Christmas time and have it shipped overseas to me. For almost four years, I had a "whole" fruitcake to myself. WOW! Of course I always had to "share" it with others. Being "over there" it was always nice to get something from home and especially something edible.

Every year I buy a fruitcake, not always from Jinks, but wherever I'm at. Some are fair, some passable and some downright inedible. But, you know, none compare to the fruitcake that I'm used to, Jinks Fruitcakes. Man, I'm getting hungry just writing about this.

Anyhow, to sum this up, if you are a fruitcake afficianado, or not, you should at least try one of their fruitcakes. I don't think you'll be sorry, because, in my opinion you can't buy a better fruitcake than Jinks. http://www.traditionalfruitcake.com/

(This was an unpaid, unsolicited advertisement for Jinks Fruitcakes) Sorry Jerry, but I love your fruitcakes and you had to go and mention them in your post. It's all your fault.

1 comment:

  1. It's all my fault, again?

    Thanks, Jim. I appreciate the endorsement. By the way, we still give out free samples. Jerry

    ReplyDelete