USD 504 Oswego High School

USD 504 Oswego High School
"HOME OF THE INDIANS"

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Small World

I've been shopping for an old pickup to keep here at the business and finally found what I was looking for at a dealership in Columbus. The fellow who was in charge of putting the final paperwork together picked up on the Jinks name and as we talked I soon discovered that he is the son of Larry Horn and Shirley Gearhart, class of '59. Pat Horn, class of '63, is his uncle. Of course, that led to discussions of "do you know so and so." Although that was an enjoyable exchange, I was saddened to learn that Dean Landis passed away some time back. I did not know that. The last time I saw Dean was at my father's funeral. I'll always remember Dean's great big smile. It is a small world, indeed.

Jerry class of '61

No comments:

Post a Comment